• 2 pound filet mignon roast
• 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced into 1/8-inch discs, cut into rounds using a 2-inch cutter
• 1 cup prepared horseradish
• 6 cups heavy cream
• 2 tablespoons salt
• 1 teaspoon white pepper
• 1/4 cup goat cheese
• 1/4 cup cream cheese
• 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) softened butter
• 1 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200° F. Season the filet with salt and pepper, and place the whole filet on a rack set inside a roasting pan. Roast until the internal temperature reaches 122° F, about 45 minutes. Cover the filet, then set aside to rest. (The roast will continue to cook after being removed from the oven. The USDA recommends an internal temperature of 145° F for medium-rare.)
2. Increase the oven temperature to 350° F. Layer the potatoes inside the baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk together the horseradish, heavy cream, salt and white pepper. Pour the cream mixture over the potatoes, and place in the oven to bake for 1 hour, or until fork-tender. Remove from the oven and set aside, covered with aluminum foil.
3. Increase the oven temperature to 400° F. Combine the cheeses and softened butter and spread the mixture over the entire filet. Place the chopped pistachios in a shallow dish and roll filet in the nuts to coat. Roast the filet for 10 minutes, until warmed through. Slice into four equal portions and serve immediately alongside the horseradish potatoes. Serves 4.